Equal Pay Today! works in coalition to leverage the expertise, network, and resources of its state projects and roundtable organizations -- at the national, regional, and state level -- to close the gender wage gap across the United States.
our FOCUS AREAS
Equal Pay Today! challenges the legal, policy and cultural barriers that have allowed the gender wage gap to persist by addressing the following:
- Pay Inequality
- Occupational Segregation
- Pay Secrecy and Retaliation for Discussing Pay
- Pregnancy and Caregiver Discrimination
- Workplace Harassment
- Wage Theft and an Inadequate Minimum Wage
Read our Campaign Platform.
- Adherence to the letter and spirit of local, state, and federal equal pay laws.
- Employers paying women -- indeed, all people -- equally for equal work.
- Transparency in pay without retaliation.
- An end to workplace segregation on the basis of gender and race/ethnicity.
- Workers are paid what is owed them, including overtime pay.
- Elimination of unfair workplace practices that adversely affect low-income women and women of color.
- Fair treatment of pregnant workers and workers with caregiving responsibilities.
- A local, state, and federal minimum wage that meets the needs of working people and families.
- Expansion of other workplace practices and policies that meet the needs of the modern economy and worker, including women.
- A strong base of support -- including women of color, low-income women, young people and business owners -- that promotes women's economic equality.
- Public mobilization, organizing and strategic communications, with a focus on young people, low-income women, and women of color.
- Policy reform and advocacy, including supporting and providing resources to state projects and developing an equal pay resource bank.
- Strategic legal enforcement and advocacy, including funding state projects and submitting amicus briefs in relevant cases.